Grants for individuals Wellbeing Fund
The Wellbeing Fund enables individuals to live independently - whether that means help with the purchase of domestic appliances, holidays, personal items, adaptations, disability-related equipment or other things that would otherwise be beyond their reach.
Some previous examples include:
- Equipment for use at home – such as riser/recliner chairs
- Mobility aids and equipment - such as Motability deposits and pavement scooters
- Domestic appliances - such as cookers, fridges and freezers
- Household expenses - such as repairs, bedding and furniture
- Sundry expenses - such as holidays and computers
Grants typically range from £50 to £750.
To download a flyer about our grants click here.
How do I apply?
You can download application forms via this website or contact us and we’ll send the relevant form(s) out to you.
Please note, all grant applications must be made through, or endorsed by, a social or healthcare professional, such as an occupational therapist, social worker, health visitor, district nurse or community psychiatric nurse; someone qualified to confirm what is best for the applicant.
How long does it take?
Wherever possible, we visit applicants at home to discuss their needs in greater detail – and in privacy.
Our aim is to provide an answer within 10 working days of this home visit being made.
What else do I need to know?
Grants are not usually made in the following circumstances:
- To people living outside Gloucestershire
- To people with problems relating to drugs and alcohol – unless they also have physical disabilities or a diagnosed mental illness
- To pay for:
- Funeral costs
- Medical equipment
- Private healthcare (e.g. assessment, treatment or medication)
- Counselling or psychotherapy
- Top-up nursing home fees
- Private education or university tuition fees
- Council tax
- Court fines
- House purchase, rent deposits, or rent in advance
- Regular payments to supplement income
- Needs of non-disabled dependants or carers
- Those applying for grants are expected to have sought all the State help they may be entitled to before applying
- Grants will not be awarded retrospectively, or when an item has been ordered prior to the grant application
Please contact us if you have any queries. We’ll do all we can to help.
‘Receiving the grant from Barnwood Trust has given me the ability to work towards my aim of becoming a recognised name in the world of Boccia.’
Rich Amos, who received a grant from the Opportunities Fund towards new Boccia equipment
Click here to download and print our Wellbeing Fund application
Wellbeing Fund in pdf format
Wellbeing Fund in Word format
Alternatively, you can contact us and we’ll send you the relevant form(s) by post.