The Small Sparks grant helps fund start-up costs or equipment so that you can do things together with people where you live. This could be gardening tools to grow vegetables together, books or games to get a new club started, knitting needles, musical instruments or something else for a group you are already a part of.
You can apply for a grant – up to £250 – if you can show us that:
- at least one of you wanting to to enjoy the activity has a disability or mental health problem
- there are at least four people involved
- everyone is prepared to contribute their time, energy and talents to whatever you are doing with your grant
How to apply
If you would like to make an application or find out more, contact the grants team on 01452 611 292 or email email@example.com
Community Spaces Capital Grant
As part of its funding programme, Barnwood has established a Community Spaces Capital Grant. It aims to help support communities and eligible organisations to develop and improve inclusive community spaces through building belonging.
Barnwood’s vision is to create the best possible environment in Gloucestershire for disabled people and people with mental health problems to make the most of their lives. Community spaces enabling people to connect and build relationships with others where everyone is welcome, are a vital part of that environment.
‘Everyone is welcome’ means that particular attention is given to helping people who are usually marginalised to feel that they belong in the community; for example, those with disabilities and mental health problems.
Applying for a Community Spaces Capital Grant
To be eligible to apply for our Grant, a community space project must:
- Be linked to a clear plan both for making the space welcoming, accessible and for building a more inclusive community.
- Be from ‘constituted’ groups or organisations that have community or charitable purposes. New groups working with a constituted group may also be eligible.
- Be willing to go ‘the extra mile’ in terms of building belonging through bringing everyone together.
Barnwood will consider funding various aspects of a community spaces project such as:
- technical advice or consultancy services;
- design work;
- construction costs;
- refurbishment costs;
- furnishings and equipment.
However, the Grant cannot be used for revenue costs.
Click here to view a helpful list of typical projects we fund with the Community Spaces Capital Grant.
How to Apply
If you would like more information please contact our Housing and Community Spaces Facilitators:
Martin Hawkins, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01452 614429
Tanya Kirby, email at email@example.com or telephone 01452 614429
There is also more information on our Community Spaces Capital Grant: Guidance for Applicants