Join Barnwood Circle
We want a wide range of people to be a part of Barnwood Circle. We want to make it easy for anyone to join.
Being a member
When you join as a Barnwood Circle member there are different ways to be involved. As a member you get:
- A welcome pack
- A conversation to get you started
- The quarterly Round Up newsletter
- Meetups in your area in Spring, Summer and Autumn
- Opportunities to give your views
- Opportunities to join projects
- Access to the ‘member area’ on our website (coming soon)
Straightforward and accessible
We want Barnwood Circle to be accessible to everyone. Tell us what would help you to take part and we will work with you so that you can be involved in Barnwood Circle in the ways you want to.
Accessible: We will talk with you to understand your access needs and how you prefer to stay in touch.
Relaxed and Informal: Meetups and projects are focused on sharing, listening and change. We also want them to be relaxed and informal.
Money: Barnwood Circle is free to join. If you need to pay for something to enable you to be involved, we will pay for it. This could include:
- support or personal assistance
What to expect
We want to make sure that everyone involved in Barnwood Circle is treated respectfully, equally and fairly. You can expect us to:
- Be clear about the purpose of our activities.
- Listen to what members tell us.
- Listen to feedback and make sure we learn and improve.
- Provide clear information about our expenses policy.
- Offer an optional payment of £15 per hour when a member is an Expert by Lived Experience on a project.
- We won’t ask members to make final decisions about Barnwood’s work. That’s on us.
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about Barnwood Circle membership, please get in touch. Someone from the Engagement Team will arrange a conversation with you over the phone, on Zoom, in person or by email.
Freephone 0800 4220404
WhatsApp 07519 325601