We are looking for a switched on and personable Engagement Coordinator to work to coordinate Barnwood’s engagement scheme for disabled people and people with mental health challenges. This scheme is central to the development of Barnwood’s strategy and approach, therefore making this a critical role for the organisation.
- Develop and maintain a project-based overview of Barnwood’s engagement scheme, identifying key engagement opportunities and channels.
- Plan for and resource specific communications, events and engagement opportunities
- Create communications products which engage a wide range of disabled people and people with mental health challenges, commissioning specialist support and resource where necessary in order to ensure that communications are accessible to all.
- Create and support the running of events to engage with disabled people and people with mental health challenges
- Administrate and coordinate Barnwood’s learning events programme
- Develop digital engagement tools and resources that can be used across the organisation in order to engage with disabled people and people with mental health challenges.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven success in engaging those with complex needs and/or those who are routinely marginalised.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and digital communication, that engage a wide range of audiences and which champion accessible communication.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project planning tools and techniques and the ability to project manage.
- Proven success in managing events, in-person and online.
- Knowledge of disability and mental health, and a proven ability to work confidently with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Exceptional relationship-building ability, involving diverse groups and a range of professionals.
- 36 days annual leave including bank holidays!
- Work within an organisation that’s committed to improving equality and diversity.
- Highly competitive salaries and pension contribution rates.
- Join an organisation that is on a journey to becoming an anti-racist multicultural organisation.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme.
- If Government guidance continues to ask employees to work from home, you can be reassured that we’ve already onboarded new employees during the pandemic and the appropriate tools and technology will be provided to you to be able to work from home during this time. In addition to this and just as importantly, you will be made to feel very welcome and part of the team, albeit virtually!
- Permanent full time role at 37.5 hours a week. Usual working hours to be worked Monday to Friday, there may be some evening and weekend working, as required.
- This position would normally be based in a fully accessible building in central Cheltenham but until Government guidance changes, will work from home.
Closing date and interviews
Deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 30th April 2021. First interviews will take place w/c 10th May and second stage interviews w/c 24th May 2021.
We would like to do something a little different here!
We would like you to answer a few role specific competency based questions which will be used by the hiring manager to shortlist applicants for interview.
In addition to the questions which are linked below, please complete the basic application form and equal opportunities form (see separate docs below) – these will not be shared with the hiring manager until after shortlisting and will be held by the recruitment team.
Answers to the competency based questions and the two forms should be sent together to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions or require a hard copy please email the recruitment team directly as well.
The deadline to send in applications is 5pm Friday 30th April 2021.
If you would like any of this information in a more accessible format, please let us know and we’ll arrange this with you.
Barnwood Trust welcomes and encourages applications from disabled people. As a committed equal opportunities employer the Trust guarantees an interview to any disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this role.