In 2023 Barnwood Trust is offering a range of workshops to help people across Gloucestershire to learn about how to make change in the county that benefits disabled people and people with mental health conditions. Workshops are facilitated by a range of Barnwood Trust staff and external partners and cater for a wide range of learning styles and preferences.
We will be announcing new workshops throughout the year but are pleased to confirm the first series of workshops in this years Learning Programme will be ‘Clear Communications’.
National accessible communications experts Activity Alliance are providing this masterclass on accessible communications. They are the national charity and leading voice for disabled people in sport and activity.
You will learn about:
- Barnwood’s latest research about accessible communications and how these impact people’s lives in Gloucestershire
- The principles underpinning accessible communications
- Practical tips to make your organisation’s communications more accessible for disabled people, people with mental health conditions and neurodivergent people
When is it?
We have 4 sessions planned in 2023.
- Tuesday 28th March – to book please click here
- Tuesday 9th May – to book please click here
- Tuesday 10th October – to book please click here
- Tuesday 12th December – to book please click here
Who is it for?
- If you manage and/or deliver essential communications for a public sector organisation, an activity provider, an advice and support organisation, or any service provider or public facing organisation who wants to make sure everyone can hear your message, then this workshop is for you.
- Each workshop will have up to 15 participants
What does it involve?
- Each event will run from 9.30am and end at 3pm
- These sessions will be held in person, at Overton House in Cheltenham. If this isn’t possible then the sessions will take place online
- Arrival refreshments and lunch will be provided
We have decided to charge a nominal fee of £15 per person for all future learning events. This is because we want to encourage a higher level of attendance at our events, to ensure the best possible experience for those who attend, and to value the contributors and facilitators for their input and expertise.
Payment is required to secure your place and is non-refundable and non-transferable. This subsidised fee will contribute to the cost of running the event.
If this is a barrier to you being able to attend please contact us.
If you have any questions or would like to receive the information in a different format please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 422 0404