Activating Accessible Opportunities
Activating Accessible Opportunities is a workshop for anyone wanting to make their activity more accessible. During the workshop you will explore:
- The Social Model of Disability
- Barnwood’s research and insight into accessibility in Gloucestershire
- The barriers that people face when trying to access opportunities
- Practical steps to make your activity more accessible
When is it?
We have 3 sessions planned in 2022. Please indicate which session you would like to book for in the registration form below.
- Tuesday 14th June
- Tuesday 13th September
- Thursday 1st December
Who is it for?
- This learning session is designed for anyone who is wanting to take action to make the opportunities they provide more accessible. You could be a sports provider, running a venue, or providing arts-based activities. If you would like to make sure that what you provide is as accessible as possible for disabled people and people with mental health challenges, this course will support you in this.
- Each workshop will comprise 12 participants.
What does it involve?
- Each event will run from 9.30am and end at 3pm.
- Covid restrictions permitting, these sessions will be held in person, at Overton House in Cheltenham. If this isn’t possible then the sessions will take place online.
- Light refreshments will be provided although participants are required to bring their own lunch.
Please fill out the form below to register your interest.
If you have any questions or would like to receive the information in a different format please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 422 0404