Funding Relationship Manager
Barnwood makes a difference. We join with the people of Gloucestershire to drive changes on disability and mental health issues, enabling people to have choice of opportunities, access their rights, and be included where they live.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of disabled people and people with mental health conditions to join our team of Funding Relationship Managers.
Funding Relationship Managers help us award, distribute, and evaluate the impact of our funding to Gloucestershire based organisations.
We are looking for candidates who can hold supportive and reciprocal learning and evaluation relationships with organisations enabling us to constantly improve our grant-making processes and social change mechanisms.
We want to diversify our team to better reflect the work and communities we support – this means we would particularly welcome applications from people who:
- have lived experience of disability and/or mental health conditions.
- are from Black, Asian and minoritised backgrounds.
We want our application process to be right for you as an individual. If there’s anything we can do to make the process below more straightforward for you, please.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call 01242 539 935 and select ‘option 1’ to speak to G Kadyrova.
G will be happy to discuss what support we may be able to provide. Our careers page has some examples of things we may be able to put in place.
1 x Full Time (Permanent Contract)
- We welcome applications from people looking for full time hours (37.5hrs per week). We offer a flexible start between 8am and 9.30am Monday to Friday.
- The role is contracted to work at our offices in Overton, Cheltenham. On occasion you will be required to visit organisations that we fund across the county.
- We offer occasional opportunities to work from home determined by the operational needs of the team and the commitments of the role.
- Salary £33,996
- 36 days holiday inc. bank holidays
Due to the nature of its duties, this position is occasionally required to visit organisations around Gloucestershire.
Summary of key duties:
Managing and processing grants to organisations and groups
- Process grants to organisations and groups, ensuring that information is stored and monitored routinely, and that grant payments and annual instalments are authorised and paid in a timely manner.
- Respond to enquiries from prospective grant applicants, referrers, organisations, and other connected parties, showing consideration and patience for callers with communication or learning challenges.
- Support prospective applicant organisations and groups to apply to Barnwood Trust, providing appropriate support and advice to applicants and aligning with the Trust’s values and funding principles.
- Manage a portfolio of organisational grants, providing support where needed, and maintain a supportive monitoring, evaluation, and learning relationship over the life of a grant.
Evaluation, learning and relationship management.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of a portfolio of funded organisations, ensuring data and key learning is submitted to Barnwood on time and supporting organisations to collect and collate this.
- Support funded organisations to measure the impact of their work in accessible and inclusive ways, drawing on your own expertise and that of the wider Funding Team.
- Through monitoring, evaluation, and relationships with your portfolio, identify learning themes and capacity gaps in organisations in the county.
- Support the Senior Funding Relationships Manager and the Funding Policy and Evaluation Manager to publish impact data and learning from organisation and group funding on Barnwood’s website and social media channels.
Summary of Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of building and managing ongoing relationships with funded organisations.
- Knowledge of the VCS sector, and an understanding of the challenges faced by delivery organisations.
- Ability to work with and analyse data.
- Work within an organisation that is committed to improving equality and diversity.
- Competitive salaries and fantastic pension contribution rates.
- Excellent personal development plan and extensive training which includes a commitment to training employees to be confident when working with people with a wide variety of impairments, disabilities, and mental health conditions.
- Friendly and collaborative working culture; everyone’s voice is heard.
- We have a range of supportive wellbeing policies and almost a third of our employees, are qualified mental health first aiders with Mental Health England.
- Accessible offices, facilities, and onsite parking in central Cheltenham.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
Guidance On Applications:
For full guidance on how to make an online application and what you should include within it, it is recommended that you read the job pack attached which also provides a full and detailed job description and person specification.
In the application pack we describe some ‘essential skills or experience’ (a few things we really need the person applying to be able to do). If you have a disability (this includes mental health or long-term health conditions) and have these essential skills or experiences, we will guarantee you an interview.
To be invited to interview or assessment in this way, you must detail in the answers to our ‘Competency Questions’ document how you meet the essential criteria for the role and then check the box next to the question asking if you would like your application to be considered for this.
A request under the guaranteed interview scheme does not guarantee an applicant a job. At interview, the best candidate will be offered the role. If you are invited to interview you will receive your invite and we’ll ask you about any reasonable adjustments that you may need.
- Deadline for applications: 12 noon Friday 6th October 2023
- Shortlisting: Tuesday 10th October 2023
- First interviews: Friday 13th October 2023
- Second stage interviews: Friday 20th October 2023
If you require this in an alternative format please contact email@example.com