Workshop: Mindful Photography
When: Wednesday 31st October 2018
Where: Hawkwood College, Painswick Old Road, Stroud. GL6 7QW
Click here to view the venue’s website
Workshop duration: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Use mindful photography to see your community or organisation with fresh eyes and to tell your story.
We all live very busy lives and our minds are so full of thoughts that we don’t give ourselves time to stop and simply stare at the world around us and really connect to it. Look Again uses photography, mindfulness and nature to help us slow down and take notice of what is around us. By doing this we can see with fresh eyes and can tell our story more effectively.
Look Again workshops are centered around the ‘Five Steps to Wellbeing’, developed by the News Economics Foundation and used by the NHS:
- CONNECT with self, others and nature
- GIVE your photos, your inspiration, your presence
- LEARN photography, communication and mindfulness skills
- BE ACTIVE and enjoy walking in nature
- TAKE NOTICE observe and appreciate the beauty all around us
In this workshop you learn to really take notice and to see the extraordinary in the ordinary. You experience the opposite of ‘snapping away’. You will learn effective and creative tools that help you:
- Slow down and improve your health and wellbeing
- Build stronger connections with your community
- Clarify your vision – why do you do what you do?
- What is your story and what does this look like?
- Learn to take more effective photos for use on your website, social media, in printed material, and for evaluation purposes.
- Learn simple ideas and tips that you can use in your day to day life and share with others
The photography side of things is kept simple, low tech and fun. You can use any device – mobile phone, tablet or digital camera. The training is suitable for all abilities and levels of experience.
You will start off inside and explore how to look and see differently, before going on a gentle walk around Hawkwood College, taking photos in a calm and mindful way of this beautiful, inspiring and peaceful place.
This workshop has a maximum capacity of 15 attendees and places are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. If you book onto the workshop after the capacity has been reached, please email email@example.com to be placed on a waiting list.
We're sorry, but this workshop is fully booked! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list.
Any questions or problems with booking or using the form? Send us an email at email@example.com or call us on 01452 634018 and we will be happy to help.