Barnwood Trust Ambassadors in the Forest of Dean
At Barnwood Trust we are always looking for new ways spread the word about work we do in Gloucestershire, in particular our grants programme, and we realise in rural areas this can often be more difficult. That is why we are trialling a new approach – the introduction of a new voluntary Barnwood Trust Ambassador role. We are beginning by trialing this new role in the Forest of Dean.
What’s it all about?
Our aim at Barnwood Trust is to promote the development of inclusive communities throughout Gloucestershire and to help improve the quality of life for those in our communities with disabilities and mental health problems. Our Ambassadors will enable us to reach further into local communities and their local knowledge will help us to make contact with those who are more isolated.
How will it work?
We would like our Ambassadors to use their contacts within the community to disseminate information about Barnwood Trust including its range of grants and also to increase awareness of our new office in The Main Place at Coleford.
If you are an Ambassador we would like you to:
- Make sure there are plenty of posters and literature available to the public in as many spaces as possible
- Inform and signpost members of the community to the work of Barnwood Trust
- Let us know where contacts should be followed up and talks/more information supplied and report any potential for community development
- Attend in-house training as required
- Meet up with our Marketing Coordinator in the Forest of Dean on a regular basis
Does this sound like you?
If it does and you’re passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of disabled people and people with mental health problems please get in touch with our Forest Marketing Coordinator for a more detailed chat:
Office 5, The Main Place
Old Station Way
Tel: 07912 788341 or 01594 839191