Grants for you
You can apply for a ‘Grant for Individuals’ towards household items, mobility aids and items to support your wellbeing.
Please make sure you have read all of the information below before applying, you can then make an application by clicking here.
Who can apply?
If you live in Gloucestershire and are disabled or have or a diagnosed mental health challenge, you can apply for a Barnwood Trust ‘Grant for Individuals’ .
We award a person or a household one grant in any twelve month period. If you or anyone else in your household has had a grant in the last 12 months your application will not be successful.
What can I apply for?
We welcome applications for funding towards certain household items to support your wellbeing or for a mobility aid.
More information about what we do and don’t fund can be found lower down the page.
When can I apply?
We will open for new grant applications on the first Tuesday of the month at 10am and then two weeks later on the Thursday at 1pm. This means that we will be open on the following dates:
- Tuesday 5th October , 10am – 1pm
- Thursday 21st October, 1pm – 4pm
- Tuesday 2nd November , 10am – 1pm
- Thursday 18th November, 1pm – 4pm
If the demand is too high, we may need to close the grant early.
How can I make an application?
We ask you to make your application online if you can. Somebody else can fill in the application on your behalf, but they will need to register in your name with an email address unique to you
If you need assistance to complete the form, or are unable to complete it online, you can call the Funding Team when the ‘Grant for Individuals’ is open to new applications on freephone 0800 4220404
Making an online application.
Step one – create an account. You can do this anytime.
- You will need an email address unique to you – click here to find out how you get one
- Click here to create your account on Flexi-Grant. Your account should be in your name as the person applying for the grant. This is the website where you will make your grant application. Here’s a link to a video about how to make an account.
Step two – make an application for a grant
- We will open for new grant applications on the first Tuesday of the month at 10am and then two weeks later on the Thursday at 1pm.
- You can click here to make your application. Here’s a link to a video about making an application.
- You will need proof of your address – a utility or landline phone bill, bank statement or benefit letter.
- If you cannot see ‘Grant for Individuals’ listed on Flexi-Grant then the grant is not currently open for new applications.
We process a limited number of grant applications per month. When we have reached our limit the website closes.
It can take up to 6 weeks to process your application, we will be in touch with you as soon as we can.
Communication with the Funding Team
If you would like to speak to the Funding Team about your grant application, email them on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on freephone 0800 4220404 (Tuesday to Thursday, 10.00am – 4.00pm, except bank holidays).
If the line is busy please leave a message. Someone from the Funding Team will call you back as soon as they can.
To check the progress of an application submitted already, please log into your account on the Flexi-Grant portal here.
What do we fund?
- For your home: a cooker, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, bed or flooring
- For your wellbeing: a television, laptop or tablet, an online course, home exercise equipment or materials for a hobby.
- For your mobility: a riser recliner, mobility scooter or disability aid
What do we not fund?
- Activities against government safety guidelines around the pandemic
- Holidays and days out
- Ongoing expenses like household bills
- Anything that has already been purchased or ordered
- Things we have already given you funding for
- Anything available through the council or NHS
All items are subject to availability.
Grants stay open for three months for you to use if you are successful.
To read the answers to our Frequently Asked Questions please click here.
Flexi-Grant: Our online grant application system provided by Fluent Technology. It is a secure, web-based portal with a fully compliant, encrypted log-in process. Please ensure you register under your own email address, with a unique password. And, if you have any questions feel free to get in to