Barnwood makes a difference. We join with the people of Gloucestershire to drive changes on disability and mental health issues, enabling people to have choice of opportunities, access their rights, and be included where they live.
As part of this work, we are looking for an Operations Administrator to provide welcome and reception to visitors at our offices in Overton House in central Cheltenham, ensuring the smooth running of meetings at and for the Trust.
The role is also responsible for administering the Trusts policies and practices for our employees, volunteers, and visitors. Due to the nature of its duties, this position is predominantly based in our office in central Cheltenham with only occasional and irregular opportunities for home working.
We want to diversify our team to better reflect the work and communities we support – this means we would particularly welcome applications from people who:
- have lived experience of disability and/or mental health conditions.
- are from Black, Asian and minoritised backgrounds.
We want our application process to be right for you as an individual. If there’s anything we can do to make the process below more straightforward for you, please email email@example.com and we will contact you to discuss what support we may be able to provide.
Should you have any questions or require any of the following information in a different format we will be happy to help.
1 x Full Time (Permanent Contract)
- This role is permanent, and we welcome applications from people looking for full time hours (37.5hrs per week). We offer a flexible start between 8am and 9.30am Monday to Friday.
- Salary £29,607 p/a.
- 36 days holiday inc. bank holidays.
Summary of key duties
Overton House reception and welcome.
- Answers incoming phone calls and emails to Overton House, redirecting callers and taking messages where necessary.
- Meet and greet guests at Overton House, ensuring the welcome area is tidy, accessible, stocked and equipped for visitors.
Ensures the smooth running of meetings at and for the Trust.
- Books and sets up rooms at Overton House for regular Leadership, Trustee, Committee and Board meetings, including arrangements for refreshments.
- Takes notes at weekly Leadership Meetings, allocating and chasing actions.
- Books and sets up employee and trustee interview rooms, facilitating reasonable adjustments, and welcoming candidates.
Administering the Trusts policies and practices.
- Monitors review dates for all Trust Policies, ensuring that reviews are scheduled and completed by the Policy owners.
- Administers employee and trustee records on the HR database, and administers its functionality through process improvement.
- Administers the employee and trustee recruitment processes.
- Maintains and reports on employee training records and arranges statutory training.
- Runs and creates regular reports for the Leadership Team using a variety of databases, co-ordinating the completion of monthly and quarterly reports.
Key experience and skills
- Arranging and scheduling face to face, remote and hybrid meetings using Microsoft Outlook and Teams.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel: Can create basic formulas, sorting and formatting of data. Accurate data entry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft word. Editing and following template documents and creating PDF’s.
- Experience of working with a wide range of people, dealing sensitively, confidently and proactively with face to face, telephone and email enquiries.
- Previous experience of inputting, exporting, and editing data in a database is an advantage.
Work ethic and approach
- Sees colleagues and those who work with or for the Trust as internal customers, providing support in a professional manner.
- Ability to work on parallel tasks. Manages time effectively to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Displays the utmost integrity and an ability to hold and respect confidential and sensitive information.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and proactive in taking initiative.
- Concern for, and commitment to, delivering high quality work.
- Work within an organisation that is committed to improving equality and diversity.
- Competitive salaries and fantastic pension contribution rates.
- Excellent personal development plan and extensive training which includes a commitment to training employees to be confident when working with people with a wide variety of impairments, disabilities, and mental health conditions.
- Friendly and collaborative working culture; everyone’s voice is heard.
- We have a range of supportive wellbeing policies and almost a third of our employees, are qualified mental health first aiders with Mental Health England.
- Our offices in central Cheltenham are wheelchair accessible, have free accessible parking on site and great facilities.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
Guidance on applications
For full guidance on how to make an online application and what you should include within it, it is recommended that you read the job pack attached which also provides a full and detailed job description and person specification.
In the application pack we describe some ‘essential skills or experience’ (a few things we really need the person applying to be able to do). If you have a disability (this includes mental health or long-term health conditions) and have these essential skills or experiences, we will guarantee you an interview.
To be invited to interview or assessment in this way, you must detail in the answers to our ‘Competency Questions’ document how you meet the essential criteria for the role and then check the box next to the question asking if you would like your application to be considered for this.
A request under the guaranteed interview scheme does not guarantee an applicant a job. At interview, the best candidate will be offered the role. If you are invited to interview you will receive your invite and we’ll ask you about any reasonable adjustments that you may need.
Closing date, interviews and start date
- Deadline for applications: 12 noon on Friday 30th June 2023
- Shortlisting: Wednesday 5th July 2023
- First interviews: Monday 10th July 2023
- Second stage interviews: Thursday 13th July 2023
If you require this in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have read the application pack please click on the link below to make your online application.