Other Funding Sources

Below is a list of links to other sources of funding available to people living in Gloucestershire.

Buttle UK Children aged 18 or under living with parents or carers.  Young people aged 20 years and under who are living independently, who are estranged or orphaned. Application must be made by a social worker (unless school fees) – 020 7828 7311

Disability Grants A directory of grants that may be available.

Family Fund Help for families across the UK who are raising a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 or under – 01904 550055

Fluck Convalescent Fund (Gloucester City) Women of all ages and children under 16 who live in the city of Gloucester and its surrounding area, and are in poor health or convalescing after illness or operative treatment. Apply through medical professional, social worker etc – flucktrust@gmail.com

Glasspool Trust Offers one-off grants to any resident of the UK. Have to apply using online system – 020 3141 3161

Gloucestershire Charities Trust Relief in Need Fund The aim of the ‘Relief-in-Need’ fund is to provide financial assistance to people who are considered: in need, hardship or distress and who are resident in the County of Gloucestershire – 01452 500429

Gloucestershire Disability Fund The Well-Being Fund is open to Gloucestershire residents of any age with a physical, sensory or learning disability who are in receipt of a disability benefit (DLA/PIP/Attendance Allowance) – 01452 614890

Gloucestershire Society Provides grants of money to people who are in difficulties. These are normally up to about £150 to meet an immediate need.

MacMillan Fund Macmillan Grants are small, mostly one-off payments to help people with the extra costs that cancer can cause. They are for people who have a low level of income and savings – 0808 808 0000

The Lady Downe Charity (Upton St Leonards) Grants restricted to the residents of the administrative parish of Upton St Leonards in Gloucestershire, as it was in 1966 prior to later boundary changes (parts of what is now Abbeydale, Abbeymead and Cooper’s Edge are included).  Eligible individuals can apply for help in the relief of hardship and for the educational development of young people under the age of 25 – 01452 864873

Matthew Trust A last-stop agency providing Grants to help the specific needs of people aged 8 years old and upwards with mental health problems. Applicants must demonstrate either that no other avenue of funding is open to them, or that they have successfully had their need part-funded – 020 7736 5976

St Monica Trust Community Fund “The Trust’s Community Fund helps tackle issues that affect the lives of older people in Bristol and the surrounding area. The Community Fund currently distributes more than £500,000 each year to individuals, families and organisations across the region. We provide gifts and grants that go directly to those who will benefit the most and we are committed to helping more people by increasing our giving over the next few years.”

Mayfield Home Trust Provides one -off grants to individuals with learning disabilities, or families with a member who has learning disabilities, in Gloucestershire, to purchase items which would improve the life of the beneficiary – 01453 762502

Motability Fund Motability is a national charity which can provide Charitable Grants to Scheme customers who would otherwise struggle to afford the mobility solution they need (vehicle, adaptations or driving lessons) – 0300 456 4566

Severn Trent Trust Fund Grants to meet water and/or sewerage charges due to Severn Trent Water.  In certain cases, the Trust can also consider giving some help to meet other essential bills, household needs or priority debts – 0121 355 7766

Turn 2 Us Turn2us helps people in financial need gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and face to face through their partner organisations.

Warm and Well Funding for those with cold or damp related health issues to replace old or broken-down oil or LPG boilers. As well as cavity wall or loft insulation, solid wall insulation, roof insulation and floor insulation who are in receipt of certain income related benefits – 0800 500 3076


If you know of a useful website that we could add to this page, please email us at info@barnwoodtrust.org


Please visit our Where to find Support page for details of where you can find support for you and the people around you. 

Is this information clear?

If you would like any of this information in a more accessible format please let us know and we'll arrange this with you.

Email us at info@barnwoodtrust.org

Something to say?

If you have thoughts or feedback you want to share with us, we want to hear it.

Email us at talktous@barnwoodtrust.org