Join our Funding Committee
Do you currently work in the voluntary and community sector?
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of disabled people and people with mental health conditions in Gloucestershire?
If so, then we have a voluntary opportunity for you to join our Funding Committee.
Barnwood is not your typical funder. We drive forward change so that disabled people and people with mental health conditions have choice of opportunities, access their rights, and are included where they live.
We bring people together for a different conversation and explore big ideas. Through learning and collaboration, sharing research, and looking for better ways to fund, Barnwood makes a difference in Gloucestershire.
We have three goals, which are that disabled people and people with mental health conditions across Gloucestershire…
- Have choice of opportunities that meet their hopes and passions.
- Are included and involved in their communities and places where they live.
- Access their rights and see positive change on disability issues.
We are seeking to appoint 2 individuals, who are employed in VCS organisations, to join our Funding Committee. The Funding Committee The role of the oversees the awarding of funds from all the Trust’s funding programmes. Committee Members will monitor the impact of each programme and work at a strategic level to recommend any developments to the Board of Trustees.
We need individuals to provide constructive and positive challenge, act as passionate ambassadors for the work of the Trust and engage in collective decision making to ensure the Trust’s funding supports the Trust’s vision, mission and strategic direction.
We are particularly looking for applicants with experience in the following:
- Understanding of or employment in voluntary and community sector in Gloucestershire.
- Lived experience of disability and mental health conditions, or learned experience of disability and mental health conditions, such as through employment or volunteering.
- Experience of funding either as an organisational applicant or as a funder.
- Applications Open: 22nd May 2023
- Applications Close: 14th June 2023
- Interviews: 19th June 2023
- Induction for new Committee members: 26th June 2023