Short Breaks and Respite Care Event
Barnwood Trust has been conducting research about access to short breaks and respite care in Gloucestershire since January.
Over 100 parent-carers, more than a dozen providers, the local care forums, and a number of disabled children and young people took part. The research identified challenges around assessment, information and provision.
We heard that:
- 94% of parent-carers were not able to access enough short breaks and respite care support
- 49% of parent-carers were not able to access any short breaks and respite care support
- Over half of disabled children and young people said they were not doing anything after school or at the weekend
We would like to personally invite you to an event, taking place at Llanthony Secunda Priory, Gloucester on Tuesday 4th October from 11.30am until 2.30pm. The purpose of which will be:
- to come together to design a number of recommendations that can be taken forward
- to share with you the findings of our research
This event intends to bring together those with experience of commissioning, delivering or using short breaks and respite care, to inform a co-produced action plan in light of these research findings.
We would really value your contributions to this event and those who would like to be part of the discussion are asked to please use this link to register to attend. Please feel free to send to anyone who may also be interested.
We will be sending out further information about the event and we will cover any costs that could stop you from coming. This includes travel expenses, care costs and childcare.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or to discuss any requirements you may have.
To book your place at this event please complete the form below.